Image by Pete Reed via Flickr
I turn 30 this year in December and have decided I need to get together a list of things I want to do before then. Many of the vacations and such I want to do cannot be crammed into one year so I need to decide what I am willing to put off.
2. I want to exercise more and be more active in my life. All too often I am sitting at a computer 8 hours a day for work and heading home to sit in front of a computer. I need to get out more and be more active in doing it.
3. I need to get out of the house more and that means going out and doing things like going to the movies or out to dinner. I have decided that I will make a “date night” with myself each week where I get out and do something I want to do, but the one rule is it has to not be done in my house.
4. Write more. I have a ton of projects floating around that I want to work on. I want to submit more of my work for publication and find someone willing to help me edit things.
5. Solo vacations. Now that I have a GPS I have no reason not to head out and get lost a few times. To go along with this I want to get out of my comfort zone a bit and go on some weekend vacations by myself to some place close, like Savannah or Atlanta. I want to start heading out and doing day trips in towns I am not that comfortable with.
6. I want to finish my To-Be-Read pile of books. It has taken over my shelves. No new books until I finish a handful off the shelf first. I have an out box to send the finished books on to my Sister and Family once I finish them and I intend to inundate them!
7. I want to sign up for some classes in Painting and Writing so I can improve myself.
8. I want to learn some French before the trip to Paris in two years. Might as well start now!
9. I want to keep up with my household chores better. It seems like I take a day for myself and the entire house falls to ruin with floors a mess and dishes filling the sink. I need to keep up with this more. Maybe if I make myself a schedule. Have to think on this one. The Dust Bunnies are taking over so I need to figure this one out soon!
10. Be myself. All too often I hold back because it is expected of my in society. I let myself be the quiet one who gets walked on because I am not willing to be assertive. I need to step up and do what needs to be done. To be confident and to be myself, not what everyone else wants me to be.